The history of Munden can be traced back to an early age.
It is unclear exactly what form the settlement took at this time although it is thought that a manorial residence existed and perhaps occupied the same site as the present house. Manors were also known to have existed as early as the 13th Century at Aldenham and there was a residence at neighbouring Wall Hall dating from a similar time.
The descendancy of the present family at Munden can be traced from 1607 when Thomas Ewer of the Lea acquired the property. The Estate was much larger in those days and also contained the Lea Farm which is now covered by the Meriden housing estate and parts of Garston. The Lea Farm buildings and farmhouse, which occupied the site where the Sainsburys store exists today at the Dome roundabout, were demolished in about 1935 to make way for the A41 trunk road.
Since the days of Thomas Ewer the property has never changed hands on the open market and the present family occupants are his direct descendants. Although the property has not always passed from father to son, it has never been more distant than through cousins.